CB400F

CB400F

Pages

Tuesday 4 June 2013

Here we go

I have been trying to find the time to get this blog underway for some time - so today is the day.

I am in no way a motorbike person and I have never ridden a bike above a 125cc - and even then it was only to pass my UK Certificate of Basic Training.  However, I am married to a biker who has 5 of the lovely machines in his garage.  My 16 year old has just bought his first "ped" and my 13 year old son has just bought his first trial bike - a Honda XR80R.  This doesn't strictly qualify me for the enthusiasts award I admit - quite the contrary actually - I am like any other biker's wife who has to put up with the time spent in the garage other than on the jobs that need doing e.g. the side of the bath needs putting on, the living room window needs painting, etc.

Having said all of that I find myself being drawn in to the world of bikers and I am quite enjoying it.  I have found this year's TT hugely entertaining (mainly because I just love Guy Martin) and I am excited to learn that the Isle of Man is hosting the first TT Classic this year.  I am in fact trying to convince David Silver to sponsor me to go and take pictures and parade around in a DSS jacket - I haven't managed to convince him of his return yet.

Staying on the TT I have learned all about Joey Dunlop and his huge success at winning the TT.  I find myself not only interested in the bikes but the people who rode/ride them (did I mention I love Guy Martin?).

So when I started to work on David Silver's Facebook and Twitter pages and learned more about the CB400F restoration project I found myself actually interested and eager to learn more.  There is something about the passion that you guys have for your machines and restoring them as best you can to their original condition (I know there are lots of women too so I should say guys and gals).

My aim is to find out all I can about the CB400F and what people all over the world are doing with theirs.  If you can help me with any of this then drop me an email - jacqui@davidsilverspares.co.uk or comment on here.  Send me pictures, write me stories and please lets hope that someone who is planning to race in the TT Classic in theirs will contact me.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Jacqui

No comments:

Post a Comment